Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Completed In His Love

“For in him you have been enriched in every way-in all your speaking and in all your knowledge-because our testimony about Christ was confirmed in you.” (1 Corinthians 1:5-6)

Here I am sharing my testimony about how Jesus works in my life which touches me very closely during the dive in camp. I got saved in November 2006 after I joined the Desaria LG and go to church weekly. Before I came to Malaysia I had no idea about God, although I read Bible in my early age which I was considering it as a fairytale story book. When I met the LG people first time and they shared the gospel with me, my first impression was how come those people are so naïve, God only shows up in the fairytale. Driven by curiosity, I tried to follow Bee Sean to church. I was amazed by seeing the people in church as united as a huge family, and love is fulfilling in the whole house.

To be honest, the first half a year I did not totally open my heart to God that made me didn’t have a good relationship with Him. I couldn’t even feel the happiness of salvation and being doubt about Him sometimes. However, He loves me so much that He puts me under the shadows of His wings and gave me a perfect year that all the things were going over expectedly well. Hallelujah!!

According to my personal experience, I have to say that if God doesn’t takes control of our life, then we will be in a dangerous situation as we stay in a world that it’s full of selfish desire and lure. At the time I confessed myself as an Christian but still doing something we are not supposed to do and going somewhere we are not supposed to be there. Praise God that He didn’t give up on me and save me from an extremely risky situation.

After that, I tried really hard to spend time reading the Bible and praying for spiritual growth. I always tell people that I spent almost one year to just have the joy of being saved. It always reminds me that being with Him is not a simple work; it’s building with all my soul and faith.

2 weeks before dive in camp, I had an unhappy argument with the campus international service center that made me want to leave Malaysia. And the worst thing was due to their mistakes, my visa was going to expired in a short time. I was very worried and dejected until I could not even sleep at night.

I came to dive in camp along with all those worries in mind, certainly with a broken heart. The messages that pastor shared strongly provoked me - Lost identity? Desperate? The meaning of life? Dreams?

Suddenly all those things that made me upset just blow up. It was also the very first time that I felt I wanna submit my entire life to God - all my dreams, all my future, all my desires – and truly being sold out for Him!!! Then I kneeled down and started to cry, my tears could hardly stop at that time, felt like there were two waterfalls appears on my face. I’m that kind of person who never cries in the public because crying is such a shame and shyness for me. But when the Holy Spirit comes and releases you, you can do nothing but crying. When the leaders came along and prayed for me, I cried more and more. I kept saying sorry to God for all the things I have done before and thank him for never left me and saved a sinful person like me. I then clearly felt that God pet my head saying that all the difficult things I have gone through were made by Him, because He knew that I was able to handle. And he would never give me a test that I could not handle. How great and sweet this love is! His love completed me from a sinner to a believer.

Although the way to reach my dream and future are still far away, in God, there is no worry at all. Seek Him and follow Him. Right now, in this moment, my testimony is just to encourage you and want you to have the same blessing as what I have!!!

“Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.” (1 Peter 5:7)

No comments: