Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Ying Hui's Testimony

Hello to everyone, my name is Ying Hui. Just a couple days ago, I have made a very important decision in my life, which is to accept Jesus Christ as my Lord and be the part of ECF. Here is a story of mine that I would like to share with all of you:

I was invited to take part in the Dive in Camp last year, it was awesome that I got to observe on how the Christians pray to God, to learn more about the Words of God, and I felt encouraged every time during the pastors’ preaching sessions. However, all I wanted at that time was to remain as a distant as I was there just to gain knowledge and to discover more about other religion.

Eversince then, I have been attending Life Groups and sometimes would attend ECF Damansara. The very first time when I really felt that God has really created miracle in my life was on the last year’s November. I remembered there was once when Pastor Shawn taught about Forgiveness during a life group meeting. It changed my view totally on how I should deal with others, especially towards my ‘enemies’. Since then, I learnt the actual purpose and the need of saying ‘sorry’ to others. So the main thing I did when I returned to my hometown, was to meet up with a girl whom I ever hated the most in my life, get her to talk and finally I ask for her forgiveness. I told her that we should forgo the past, and rebuild a new friendship from there onwards. To me, it was never possible to make such a move but amazingly, God had made it possible!

Still, I chose to deny the existence of God, and continued my days without having Him in my mind. As time passes, here came another Dive in Camp. This time, I brought another friend with me, with a hope that both of us would learn and gain from it. It was on the very first night when I could actually sense the existence of God that He was there with us, when we were praying and calling for the Holy Spirit. Uncontrollably tears were dropping out and I knew that God is real! This was the very first time for I wanted God so much that I could no longer deny His existence. Till the second night, the same feeling arouse again that I finally stood up and wanted to know Jesus Christ. However, I did not take the final step to accept Christ at that time, as there were still doubts and worries in my mind.

But God never gave up His hope on me. In fact, He answered my prayers and convinced me that He is always there for me. Not only that, God also provides me with the ability to reach out to others, to encourage and support them when they have problems or feeling depressed. I feel the great changes in myself that from a negative and pessimistic person I have turned to be a more positive minded person, thanks to God. I decided to make that step of faith by informing my mum about my decision and at the same time, ask for permission to attend church. My family agrees to that. Praise God. So, I informed Nai Lin and Carissa about my decision …. And they prayed together with the sinners prayer.
Now, I have finally decided to accept Heavenly Father as my Lord, Jesus as my Savior, and the Holy Spirit as my Helper in life. This is only the beginning of my journey in getting to know Him and there are still lots for me to learn. I am really blessed and thanks to the people who have encouraged and led me into this journey. Sincerely I am thankful to everyone in this church and may God bless all of us here!

No comments: